• Responsible for the School Library’s collection development process, by selecting and ordering appropriate book and non-book resources.
• Oversee the library budget.
• Organise resources for effective retrieval via the online catalogue, according to set library policies; promoting its use throughout the school.
• Maintenance of essential clerical routines in the Library, including an annual inventory, overdue notices, circulation of library resources, re-shelving books, maintenance and repair of resources, etc., according to library policies.
• Maintain and publish relevant statistics on stock and library use
• Provision of resources and support to teaching staff, students and parents, including planning and implementing library-based lessons.
• Promotion of library resources and reading in general through displays and events (e.g. author visits, book talks, reviews, Book Week activities, story readings, Library website, competitions) and the production of recommended reading lists
• Design and develop the Library space, so as to make optimal use of the space available, including lay-out, furniture, shelving needs, etcetera.
• Design and deliver a comprehensive information skills programme in collaboration with teachers.
• Maintain a close knowledge of the School curriculum, including attendance at all curriculum meetings.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in international school libraries and maintain contacts with other Librarians locally, nationally and internationally.
• Develop and implement all library policies.
• Ensure a systematic, consistent and responsible use of the school wide library management system.
• Keep track of and renew all subscriptions to print and online periodicals and databases
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
At least three years experience working in a school library, preferably in a management position
Preferably experience working in an international school environment
Fluent in English.
Experienced school librarian.
Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of how to apply them in a school environment
Confidence in working with a rich cultural mix of students and teachers.
Please send the following documents:
2. Photocopy of your degree
3. Photocopy of your passport photopage