Inforum / Information Services
Enjoy your Reading Week! We're operating with shortened hours that week.
Inforum 2016 renovation plans unveiled.
What is the Inforum / Information Services?
Search the U of T Libraries catalogue and databases.
The Inforum is an integrated library that brings users, resources, services, technology, and expert Information Services staff together in one physical location, as well as many virtual spaces. Known as the Faculty's community hub, the space is used for social, scholarly, and professional events and pursuits.
We are part of the 44-branch University of Toronto Library (UTL) system, the 3rd highest-ranked academic library in North America.
No other information school in Canada has anything like it!
- Our services & resources
- How to reach us
- Hours of operation
- Information Services staff team
- More information
INFORUM REVIEW OUTCOMES: The recommendations of the working group regarding the future of the Inforum were received by Faculty Council on March 20, 2015. (See backgrounder page, including links to the document that was under discussion, for more details. Inforum renovation plans were announced at Faculty Council on November 26, 2015. Inforum staff would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Research, learning, and connecting are facilitated through:
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and award-winning staff: Susan Brown Administrative Staff Achievement Award 2014 & 2015 | Excellence Through Innovation Award
- Unique and specialized collections that support the iSchool's teaching and learning mission
- Borrowing privileges (via Tcards) for the iSchool and U of T community. Alumni and other communities may also borrow Inforum material.
- Curriculum-supporting workshops
- Computing resources and services, as well as printing, copying, & scanning
- Group and individual work spaces
- Bookable technology and rooms
- Time-saving reference, research, and resource-use assistance, including one-on-one research consultations
- A Personal Librarian Program for first year Masters students
- Summer internship opportunities for Masters students [Note: none available for 2015]
Explore our website to find out more about our many services, resources, and facilities.
Bissell Building [map]
140 St. George Street, 4th & 5th Floor
Toronto ON M5S 3G6
Phone: 416-978-7060 | Email: help [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca |
Long weekend/Reading Week: February 13 – 21, 2016
- Saturday Feb 13 – Monday Feb 15: CLOSED for the long weekend
- Tuesday Feb 16 – Thursday Feb 18: 8:45 a.m. – 7 p.m
- Friday Feb 19: 8:45 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Saturday Feb 20: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m
- Sunday Feb 21: CLOSED
Winter term hours: January 11 – April 1, 2016
- Monday – Thursday: 8:45 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday: 8:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
Notice of hours during library renovation
- The Inforum will be closed for renovations from Saturday April 2 – September 11, 2016
- Staff and services will be temporarily located in the Robarts Library building
- Details will be posted on our website and social media as they become available.
Consult our full listing for more details, including holiday closures and Reading Week hours.
The Information Services team of librarians, technicians, IT and student staff are here for you. Here we are on Facebook.
Lari Langford | Interim Director | Full info
Tony Lemmens | Systems Administrator | Full info
TONY is responsible for the computing and network infrastructure of the Faculty. He can help you with network access problems and network-related requests. See IT update for changes in progress.
Anna Oh | Circulation & Public Services Technician | Full info
ANNA can help with questions related to your course reading lists, and borrowing from other libraries (on campus and farther afield). She can also help you with any questions regarding borrowing, loaning, placing holds and recalls, and fines on library items.
Nalini K. Singh | Librarian, Reference Services Coordinator | Full info
NALINI can help you with your reference and research questions, including one-on-one consultations: e.g. effective use of the UT library catalogue, selecting and efficiently using article databases for your research, tracking down elusive sources, citation practices, literature reviews, improving your search strategies, Information Services website ideas, questions about the Personal Librarian Program, the iSchool Course Repository, and Inforum records management.
Elisa Sze | Librarian, Collections & Public Services Coordinator| Full info
ELISA can help you with questions about the library collections available to iSchool students, including print and online resources. She can also help with questions about building, managing, organizing, and providing access to collections (e.g., collection development trends, cataloguing standards, classification, Sirsi).
Meera Thirunavukarasu | Serials, Acquisitions, & Public Services Technician | Full info
Student assistants 2015-2016
Jane Campbell | Peter Ferrell | Olivia Harris | Natalia Pietrzykowski | Brenna Pladsen | Maria Ruiz | Eden Rusnell | Katie Wilson
Staff on leave
Alex Dvornyak | Senior Web Developer | Full info
ALEX works on the Faculty's web infrastructure projects, and can answer questions related to iSchool web infrastructure. See IT update for changes in progress.
Nadia Moro | Collections & Public Services Technician | Full info
NADIA can help you with locating books and journals in our collections. She will rush catalogue your 'uncatalogued items requests' within 2 weeks. On the Information Desk, she can help you with your circulation needs by checking out items, placing holds, recalling books, and collecting fines.
Kathleen Scheaffer | Librarian, Outreach & Instructional Services Coordinator | Full info
KATHLEEN can assist you with social media research and utilization; practical, academic, and technical learning opportunities through the iSkills workshops, co-curricular organization; event coordination; community outreach and the occasional bike repair.
NOTE: Kathleen is on sabbatical from May 1, 2015 to May 1, 2016.