We are back at the iSchool as of September 12. Here is a brochure about Inforum changes.
Semaphore Studio307 - check out this new student space!
Where is the Inforum?
We're back in our newly renovated space at 140 St George Street, 4 & 5th floors (iSchool/Bissell Building), as of September 12. Stop by and say hello!
- September 26: Inforum tours for new students begin
What is the Inforum?
Search the U of T Libraries catalogue and databases.
The Inforum is an integrated library that brings users, resources, services, technology, and expert staff together in one physical location, as well as many virtual spaces. Known as the Faculty's community hub, the space is used for social, scholarly, and professional events and pursuits.
We are also part of the 44-branch University of Toronto Library (UTL) system, the 3rd highest-ranked academic library in North America.
No other information school in Canada has anything like it!
Research, learning, and connecting are facilitated through:
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and award-winning staff: Susan Brown Administrative Staff Achievement Award 2014 & 2015 | Excellence Through Innovation Award
- Unique and specialized collections that support the iSchool's teaching and learning mission
- Borrowing privileges (via Tcards) for the iSchool and U of T community. Alumni and other communities may also borrow Inforum material.
- Curriculum-supporting workshops
- Computing resources and printing, copying, & scanning
- Group and individual work spaces
- Bookable technology and rooms
- Time-saving reference, research, and resource-use assistance, including one-on-one research consultations
- A Personal Librarian Program for first year Masters students
- Summer internship opportunities for Masters students [Note: none available for 2016]
Explore our website to find out more about our many services, resources, and facilities.
Bissell Building [map]
140 St. George Street, 4th & 5th floors
Toronto ON M5S 3G6
Phone: 416-978-7060 | Email: help [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca |
Fall term hours: Monday September 12 – Friday December 16, 2016
- Monday – Thursday: 8:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8:45a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
Intersession: Saturday December 17, 2016 – Sunday January 8, 2017
- Saturday December 17 & Sunday December 18: CLOSED
- Monday December 19 – Tuesday December 20: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- December 21 – January 1, 2017: CLOSED
- Monday January 2 – Friday January 6: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday January 7 & Sunday Janurary 8: CLOSED
Download PDF of full hours, including holiday closures.
* 24/7 fob access to the Inforum for all current iSchool students, staff, & faculty will be introduced later in the term.
The Inforum team of librarians, technicians, and student staff are here for you. Here we are on Facebook.
Lari Langford | Interim Director | Full info
Nadia Moro | Senior Library Technician (Public Services & Collections) | Full info
NADIA can help you to locate books and journals in our collections. She will rush catalogue your 'uncatalogued items requests' within 2 weeks. Nadia manages the Information/Circulation Desk, and can answer any questions related to borrowing Inforum items. She can also help with recalling Inforum books.
Anna Oh | Library Technician (Course Support & Public Services) | Full info
ANNA can help with questions related to your course reading lists, and borrowing from other libraries (on campus and farther afield).
Kathleen Scheaffer | Librarian, Outreach & Instructional Services Coordinator | Full info
KATHLEEN can assist you with practical, academic, and technical learning opportunities through the iSkills workshops. Additionally, she is the go-to person for advocacy campaigns, co-curricular organization, community outreach, and the occasional bike repair.
Nalini K. Singh | Librarian, Reference Services Coordinator | Full info
NALINI can help you with your reference and research questions. You can book 1-on-1 research consultations with her to discuss things like: getting an overview of U of T library services; finding articles and books for your papers and other assignments; tracking down elusive sources, effective use of the library catalogue and other databases; improving your search strategies; citation practices; and, literature reviews. You can also talk to her about Inforum website ideas, the Personal Librarian Program, the iSchool Course Repository, and Inforum records management.
Elisa Sze | Librarian, Collections & Public Services Coordinator| Full info
ELISA can help you with questions about the library collections available to iSchool students, including print and online resources. She can also help with questions about building, managing, organizing, and providing access to collections (e.g., collection development trends, cataloguing standards, classification, Sirsi).
Student assistants 2016-2017
Peter Ferrell, MI student | Brenna Pladsen, MMSt student | Eden Rusnell, MI student | Katie Wilson, CRO student
Staff on leave
Meera Thirunavukarasu | Library Technician | Full info