Information on this page
The iSchool Office of Student Services has overall responsibility for the administration of all students' programs. Student Services personnel advise students on non-academic program matters; iSchool and School of Graduate Studies (SGS) regulations and procedures; and, verify that degree requirements are met.
We offer a full range of services for students who wish to enrich their UofT experience, or who require assistance in their educational, career, and personal pursuits.
Prospective and current iSchool students are encouraged to consult with Student Services' staff for any questions they may have about study at the iSchool, and progress in their degree programs.
inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca
- inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca
OSAP and other loan questions:
- inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca (Student Services reception)
- 172 St. George Street (Enrolment Services)
- Financial & budgeting issues: christinegrace [dot] chanutoronto [dot] ca (Christine Chan) (first point of contact)
- Awards & scholarships: christinegrace [dot] chanutoronto [dot] ca (Christine Chan) (first point of contact)
- OSAP and other loan questions:
Academic matters: course enrolment, thesis
- Adding/dropping/waitlisting courses: carol [dot] ngutoronto [dot] ca (Carol Ng)
- Course selection, concentrations & path: Your faculty advisor
- Full-time/part-time switches (student number must be included): christinegrace [dot] chanutoronto [dot] ca (Christine Chan) (first point of contact)
- Thesis and defense: Your faculty advisor
- Thesis and defense - paperwork only: carol [dot] ngutoronto [dot] ca (Carol Ng)
- Careers/job placements: isidora [dot] petrovicutoronto [dot] ca (Isidora Petrovic)
- Graduation: convocation [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca (Laura Jantek)
- Personal advising includes: health, counselling and psychological services, grief counselling, learning skills, etc.
- Academic support includes: academic writing, English language and writing skills (ELWS) workshops, etc.
Financial help for the items indicated below is provided by the School of Graduate Studies (SGS):
- Emergency Grant
- Emergency Loan
- Accessibility Grant
- Doctoral Completion Award
- Financial Counseling and payment plans
- Contact: Wynne Yeung, Financial Counsellor at wynne [dot] yeungutoronto [dot] ca (subject: Financial%20counselling) , phone 416-978-2839. Her office is located SGS, 63 St. George Street, Room 201A, Toronto
- This is our official way of notifying students about important dates, courses, financial information, and other important items you need to know
- Please read and save these notices for future reference
Using your UTmail+
- As per U of T's policy on official correspondence with students, we only reply to valid U of T email accounts. See 12.11 Policy on Official Correspondence with Students.
- Valid U of T email accounts are of the format:___mail [dot] utoronto [dot] ca for students, and ____utoronto [dot] ca for staff
- When communicating with iSchool Student Services via a non-U of T email account, include your UTmail+ email address and your student number to ensure a prompt reply
About checking your email & forwarding your U of T email to another email service:
"Students are expected to monitor and retrieve their mail, including electronic messaging account[s] issued to them by the University, on a frequent and consistent basis. Students have the responsibility to recognize that certain communications may be time-critical. Students have the right to forward their University-issued electronic mail account to another electronic mail service provider address but remain responsible for ensuring that all University electronic message communication sent to the official University-issued account is received and read." -- excerpt from the U of T Policy on Official Correspondence with Students
- Problems with your UTmail+? Visit the Information Commons help desk at Robarts Library
Email security tips:
- Be aware of spam, especially phishing emails
- U of T will never request your UTORid, password, or other personal information via email. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and should be deleted
- Inspect messages containing website links closely. They may send you to false websites.
- Check that the URL in your browser's address bar begins with: https://weblogin.utoronto.ca/ Current browsers may tag valid U of T addresses with a green "University of Toronto" tag
- For more on email security at U of T, review this article.
Top 10 questions asked by 2015 incoming class (July 11, 2015)
- All references to Getting Started Guide are for the 2015 entry.
140 St. George Street
Email: inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca
8:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
July–August (until Labour Day)
8:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Student forms: http://current.ischool.utoronto.ca/services/student/forms
- SGS information: http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca
- Fees information: http://www.fees.utoronto.ca